This ministry is designed to meet the emotional and spiritual needs of men, women, adolescents, children, and families. It can address issues such as:
- Abuse/neglect issues
- Adjustment problems
- Anger management problems
- Child/adolescent behavior issues
- Grief/loss issues
- Cognitive changes
- Divorce issues
- Marital issues
- Parenting issues
- Self-esteem issues
- Social skills problems
Counseling services are available on Monday and Wednesday by appointment only. If there is a need to cancel an appointment, a 24-hour notice is requested.
The counseling ministry is based upon:
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
It is our belief that:
- The Word of God is our source and guiding light.
- Help is found by applying Scripture and encouragement that is consistent with the Word of God.
- Tools of therapy (i.e. Cognitive Therapy, Play Therapy) are used only under the authority of Scripture.
- What is said in a counseling office is of a confidential nature.
Dr. Leif Leaf, Ph.D.
Dr. Leif Leaf is a member of Lenexa Baptist Church. He is a licensed psychologist in Kansas and Missouri. Dr. Leaf’s clinical practice includes individual, family and group therapy. He specializes in clinical neuropsychology and rehabilitation psychology. Dr. Leaf works with both adult and children from a family perspective. He is a well known conference speaker and has published several articles and books in the area of family therapy, psychotherapy, and traumatic brain injuries.
Dr. Leaf has been providing counseling services at Lenexa Baptist Church since 2005 and has been the Director of Counseling Ministry since January 2006.